Canada Visas

New entry requirement

New entry requirement (Electronic Travel Authorization, eTA) now in effect

Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.  Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

The leniency period that allows travellers to board their flight without an eTA ends soon.

Be prepared: Apply for an eTA before you book your flight to Canada. Most applicants get approved within minutes. However, some applications can take several days to process so don’t wait until the last minute.


Note: Travellers who apply for an eTA are advised to be cautious in all dealings with companies that claim to offer help in getting an eTA. These companies are NOT operating on behalf of the Government of Canada. Many have established websites that charge a fee to provide information and submit eTA applications. This Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA.

For more information on Canada Visas and to apply, follow the link below to the official site:


Please be wary when looking for the visa sites on search engines, as there are some fake sites who charge extra. The URL provided above is the official government link.

Or if you would prefer to talk to us about Canada Visas

Feel free to give us a call on 0161 766 4306

Copyright © 2018 Addison Travel Ltd All Rights Reserved